The Device Descriptor request failed due to an error with the device.
The “unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 11” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
Claudiu Andone is a writer who lives in Romania.
Windows & Software Expert
Claudiu, a veteran of the computer and scientific press, is focused on everything fresh from Microsoft. His sudden interest in computers began when he was a child and saw the first Home Computer. However, his… Continue reading
- The Device Descriptor Request is a request for information about a device. Your USB device was not detected, as shown by the Failed error in Windows 11.
- It’s also possible that you’ll see the notice. With the error number 43, a request for the USB Device Descriptor failed.
- This issue is commonly caused by missing or corrupted USB drivers, but it may also be caused by hardware failure.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
We all know how convenient it is to transfer data between devices using a USB drive or stick.
They’re so handy and simple to use that they’re our first pick for the task. However, the system may fail to identify your USB device, and the narrative may come to an end there.
When several of our readers saw the USB device not recognized notice, they discovered a device classified as Unknown USB Device in Device Manager (Device Descriptor Request Failed).
The message was also received by several of our readers. With the error number 43, a request for the USB Device Descriptor failed.
Clearly, Windows failed to recognize the device. Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out quickly, but first, let’s look at why this is occurring with Windows 11.
What causes the Device Descriptor Failed error message?
This is a bug that may affect any Windows OS and isn’t limited to Windows 11.
This issue may be caused by a variety of factors, but the two most common are outdated or corrupted drivers and hardware failure.
Additionally, if you have an outdated USB 1.0 device, the system is unlikely to have found a driver for it. The problem might also be caused by system corruption, although this is less probable.
In Windows 11, how can I repair the Device Descriptor Failed error?
1. Turn on the Enhanced Power Management feature.
- On the taskbar, click the Search icon, search device manager, and choose the program from the results.
- Right-click the faulty driver in the USB controllers section and choose Properties.
- Select Device instance path from the Details tab, then highlight the value in the Value column, right-click it, and select Copy.
- To open Run, hit Windows key + R, type regedit, and then press Enter or click OK.
- Replace the real route you copied in step 3 by navigating to the following URL: Parameters for HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumDevice
- Right-click in the right pane and choose New, then DWORD Value, and call it EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled.
- Click OK after double-clicking the new key and setting the Value data to 0.
- Close Registry Editor, disconnect the USB device, and restart your computer.
- Connect the USB device after restarting, and the problem should be addressed.
2. Use the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices.
- From the taskbar, click the Search icon, enter cmd, and then choose Run as administrator from the list of options.
- To execute the command, type or paste it and hit Enter: DeviceDiagnostic msdt.exe -id
- To begin the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, click Next.
- Click Apply this repair if the system discovers a solution.
- To enable Windows to look for drivers when a new device is installed, click Enable in the next box.
Microsoft deleted the Hardware and Devices program from the troubleshooting settings a long time ago, but you can still use it, even on Windows 11.
And, as you can see, it may be very useful in situations when the USB device is not recognized by the operating system.
3. Remove the device from your computer
- On the taskbar, click the Windows Search icon, type device manager, and then select the app from the results.
- In the USB controllers section, locate the faulty driver, right-click it, and choose Uninstall device.
- Remove the device from the USB port, restart your computer, and then re-insert the device when the system has loaded.
Use the software that comes with your USB device to correctly install it if it is older and came with its own specialized driver.
You might also try going to the manufacturer’s website to check if there are any drivers available for your system.
More information about this subject may be found here.
What should I do if the Device Descriptor Request Failed problem occurs?
This is a typical issue that may happen whenever you connect a new USB device to your computer, but there are a few things you can do to avoid it.
Connect the gadget to the computer directly.
We all know that a PC or laptop never has enough USB ports to accommodate all of your gadgets, thus USB extenders or hubs are occasionally required.
However, since they might malfunction or be incompatible, it’s best to connect your USB device to an empty port on your computer.
Use the proper port.
Although USB ports are backward compatible, your device may not be. This is particularly true whether it is extremely new or very old.
As a result, you should try plugging your device into the suitable outlet so that it may be identified and work properly.
Change the port number.
Although it doesn’t happen very frequently, USB ports may fail at times, or they may simply have collected dust and are unable to maintain appropriate contact.
Apart from carefully cleaning the port and connection using a soft brush, the best thing to do is try connecting your device into another one and seeing what happens.
If that’s the case, read our article on what to do if your USB ports stop functioning to quickly resolve the problem.
As a result, we’ve come to the end of our article on how to resolve the Device Descriptor Request Failed error in Windows 11.
We hope that our solutions were helpful in resolving this issue, and that you may now use the USB device as intended.
Please send us a line in the comments area below if you have any recommendations or any helpful solutions.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “usb device descriptor request failed code 43” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue is caused by the USB Device Descriptor Request failing. There are 11 fixes to fix the issue on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of device descriptor request failed?
A: The device descriptor request failed error is a common problem with all versions of Windows 10. One solution to this issue is to try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or 8, which can be found under properties at the bottom left corner of your start menu.
How do you fix Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code 43 a request for the USB device descriptor failed?
How do you fix unknown USB device device descriptor failed Code 43?
A: You need to reinstall the controller drivers and any other associated software that was installed with it.
- unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10
- device descriptor request failed code 43
- how to fix device descriptor request failed
- unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed reddit)
- unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) driver download