Fossil Gen 5 is the latest generation of smartwatches from Fossil. These watches are made for fashion-conscious consumers who want to stay connected with their digital lifestyle. The newest product in the Fossil line, the Gen 6, is an upgrade to the previous model that includes a built-in heart rate monitor and GPS functionality.
The fossil gen 6 is a watch that was released by Fossil. It has many features that make it stand out from the rest of the watches on the market.
The long-awaited 6th Generation Fossil has been revealed, and it will begin selling before the end of September. It’s the natural sequel to the well-known Gen 5 Fossil. Like the Gen 5E, the Fossil Gen 6 is available in two sizes: 44mm and 42mm. Gen 6 features 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage, same as Gen 5. The health monitoring features are comparable to a large extent, with the inclusion of Spo2 tracking, and a microphone and loudspeaker, exactly as the Gen 5 model. Furthermore, the Gen 6 is powered by the 4100+ Snapdragon, which now has Bluetooth version 5.0 for quicker data transmission and connection. To find out what’s new, this article analyzes the differences between Fossil Gen 5 and 6.
6th Generation Fossil (42mm)
Full Comparison of Fossil Gen 5 vs. 6 Specifications
|Information about the product||
Specifications, features, and price for the Calyle Gen 5 Fossil
Specifications, features, and price for the Fossil Gen 6 (44mm)
|DESCRIPTION OF THE DEVICE||DESCRIPTION OF THE DEVICE||DESCRIPTION OF THE DEVICE|
|Name of the device||Fossil Gen 5 Calyle||Fossil Gen 6|
|Type of device||Smartwatch for fitness/classic||Smartwatch for fitness/classic|
|When will it be released?||August of this year||2021 September|
|Predecessor||Explorist Gen 4 Fossil Fossil Fossil Fossil Fossil||Fossil Gen 5|
|Versions||—||Fossil Gen 6 42mm, Fossil Gen 6 44mm, Fossil Gen 6 46mm, Fossil Gen 6 48mm, Fossil Gen 6 50|
|Dimension||44 × 44 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm x 12||44 × 44 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm x 12|
|Material for the case||Stainless steel is a durable material. is a durable material. is a durable material. is a durable material. is a durable material.||Stainless steel|
|Material for the straps||Stainless steel||Stainless steel, leather, and silicone|
|Material for the bezel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Size of the strap||22 mm||22 mm|
|Screen shielding||Corning Gorilla Glass is a kind of toughened glass developed by Corning is a kind of toughened glass developed by Corning||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Resistant to water||3ATM||3ATM|
|Test for Longevity||—||—|
|Color||Smoke, Black, and Brown||Smoke case/smoke stainless steel straps, Black case/black silicone straps, Black case/brown leather straps, Black case/green camo grosgrain straps|
|Size of the display||1.28 inch||1.28 inch|
|Type of display||Full color AMOLED display||Full color AMOLED display|
|Resolution of the display||416 px x 416 px px px px px||416 px x 416 px px px px px|
|Density of pixels||326 ppi||326 ppi|
|Face of the watch may be customized||Yes||Yes|
|Type of input||Touchscreen, 3 physical buttons||Touchscreen, 3 physical buttons|
|Bluetooth||Yes, Bluetooth v4.2 LE is supported.||Bluetooth v5.0|
|Calling using Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n is available. is available.||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n|
|Slot for memory cards||No||No|
|CONNECTIVITY OF CELLS||CONNECTIVITY OF CELLS||CONNECTIVITY OF CELLS|
|Calls serve as a warning||Yes||Yes|
|Notification by email||Yes||Yes|
|Reminder of an upcoming event||Yes||Yes|
|Notifications from third-party applications||Yes||Yes|
|Music through Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Light from the environment||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse oximeter is a device that measures the amount of oxygen in the blood (SpO2)||No||Yes|
|Sensors from other sources||—||—|
|TRACKING ACTIVITIES||TRACKING ACTIVITIES||TRACKING ACTIVITIES|
|Oxygen in the blood||No||Yes|
|High Blood Pressure (HBP)||No||No|
|Monitoring of the heart rate||Yes||Yes|
|Tracking your sleep||Yes||Yes|
|Fall detection on the spur of the moment||No||No|
|Cycle of menstruation||No||No|
|Tracking your heart rate underwater||No||No|
|Workout on the computer screen||No||No|
|Modes for sports||Yes||Yes|
|Type of battery||Lithium-ion battery that is not detachable||Lithium-ion battery that is not detachable|
|capacity of the battery||310mAh||310mAh|
|Life of the battery||Regular: 24 hours or more||Regular: 24 hours or more|
|Type of charging||Docking station for charging||Docking station for charging|
|Time to charge||1-2 hours||30min-1hr|
|Chipset||3100 Snapdragon||Snapdragon 4100+|
|CPU||—||ARM Cortex A53 quad-core CPU, 1.7GHz|
|GPU||—||GPU Qualcomm Adreno 504|
|System software||Wear OS||Wear OS|
|App for a friend||App Fossil Q||App Fossil Q|
|Compatibility||iOS 10.0+, Android 6.0+||iOS 10.0+, Android 6.0+|
|System of payment||Google Pay is a service that allows you to pay is a service that allows you to pay||Google Pay|
|Straps are interchangeable.||Yes, 22 mm||Yes, 22 mm|
|Using the voice command||Google Assistant, yes.||Google Assistant, yes.|
|Please locate my phone.||Yes||Yes|
|Contents of the box||Straps, Charger, Fossil Gen 5 Calyle, Manual||Fossil Gen 6 charger, manual, straps|
All three hues of Fossil Gen 6 (42mm)
Before we get into the differences between Fossil Gen 5 and 6, let’s take a look at some of the similarities.
Design Differences Between Fossil Generations 5 and 6
The main difference in terms of design is that the Gen 6 is available in two case sizes: 44mm and 42mm, while the Gen 5 is only available in 44mm. Both the Gen 5 and 6 casings, on the other hand, are composed of stainless steel. Compatible sizes (18mm and 22mm for 42mm and 44mm, respectively) may be changed out for the straps.
The display of the Gen 6 and 5 smartwatches is still protected by Corning Gorilla Glass DX, and both smartwatches are certified 3ATM, which means they can withstand 30 meters of water. That is to say, based on the rating, these two are waterproof. So you may wear this to the shower and either of these two to the pool.
Displaying Fossil Gen 5 compared. Fossil Gen 6
Both smartwatches use AMOLED displays, which are vibrant and have a wide range of colors. On both smartwatches, the touchscreen is supported, and there are three physical buttons on the side, with the center button acting as a rotating crown.
Fitness Tracking with Fossil Gen 5 vs. 6
Both the Gen 5 and Gen 6 have the same amount of sensors. You’ll be able to monitor your heart rate, sleep, and everyday activities such as steps and calories burned. Both smartwatches have built-in GPS as well as an altimeter for tracking floors climbed.
Media & Storage in Fossil Gen 5 vs. 6
Both the Gen 5 and Gen 6 have an 8GB storage capacity, allowing you to keep your favorite music onboard. Both watches have a microphone for accessing Google voice assistant and a loudspeaker for playing music out loud. Both smartwatches allow you to make and receive calls straight from the watch (phone must be nearby).
Managing Notifications in Fossil Gen 5 vs. 6
Both smartwatches will enable you to control your phone’s notifications. You can set up notifications for your favorite applications, such as WhatsApp, Gmail, and others. For the time being, only Android phone users may respond to alerts on both smartwatches. Google Pay is now accessible, allowing you to make payments straight from any of these two devices.
All four hues of Fossil Gen 6 (44mm)
What’s New in Fossil Gen 5 vs. 6?
The difference between these two is that the Gen 6 is powered by Snapdragon 4100+. Spo2 is also included in the Gen 6; it features Bluetooth v5.0 and a little longer battery life than the Gen 5.
- Gen 6 is powered by the Snapdragon 4100+ processor.
While this isn’t exactly happy news, it’s a significant upgrade over the Snapdragon 3100 that drives the Fossil Gen 5. The 4100+ is a 12nm chip, compared to the 3100’s 28nm technology. It claims a 30 percent increase in performance. It also has the QCC1110 coprocessor, which was first seen on the 3100 chip. The always-on display mode function and other minor activities are handled by this co-processor, which saves battery life.
- The Spo2 sensor on the Fossil Gen 6 measures blood oxygen levels.
The measurement of Spo2 blood oxygen has been included to Gen 6. It will enable you to test your blood oxygen levels, allowing you to see how efficiently your blood uses oxygen. This function may assist you in determining how well you sleep and, if you are climbing, it can assist you in determining when to stop climbing. Despite the fact that this feature has been long delayed, it is better late than never.
- Bluetooth 5.0 is included inside the Fossil Gen 6 for faster data transfer and connectivity.
Another new feature of the Gen 6 is Bluetooth 5.0, which replaces the predecessor’s Bluetooth 4.2. This allows for quicker data transmission, which saves both time and battery life.
- Battery Life Is Slightly Longer in Gen 6.
The Gen 6 offers somewhat better performance than its predecessor thanks to the 4100+ processor and 1GB RAM. Fossil promises a 30% increase in performance, allowing you to do more in less time. As a consequence, its battery life is somewhat longer than that of Gen 5.
Should You Upgrade From a Fossil Gen 5 to a Fossil Gen 6?
There isn’t much of a difference between Snapdragon 4100+ and Snapdragon 4100. Any performance improvement for a Wear OS wristwatch, on the other hand, is very much appreciated by us. Aside from that, it is now possible to monitor Spo2 blood oxygen levels. If these and a few other features are important to you, upgrading is a good idea.
On the other hand, Gen 5 is performing very well. Before the Galaxy Watch 4, it was without a doubt the most popular Wear OS. It’s a great smartwatch with a lot of useful functions.
Green Camo Grosgrain Fossil Gen 6 44mm
Features of the Fossil Gen 6
- It has a 1.28-inch Always-on AMOLED display that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The touchscreen and three physical buttons are used for navigation (2 push-in buttons and 1 rotating button).
- The casing, like the bezel, is constructed of stainless steel. 22mm interchangeable straps are compatible with the 44mm size.
- Sport modes are pre-installed.
- You have access to a variety of applications, including Google Assistant, Google Play, Spotify, and others.
- Time/date, alarm, timer, and stopwatch are among the clock’s functions.
- Customize the watch face by selecting from the existing watch faces or downloading from the app store’s large collection of watch faces.
- Find my phone, control music on my smartphone, and snap photos with a remote camera.
- Keeps you linked to everything that matters to you, ensuring that you never miss crucial alerts. Messages may also be replied to (Android only).
- 3ATM rated (swim-proof).
- Both Android 6.0+ and iOS 12.0+ devices are supported.
- The phone’s built-in microphone works with Google Assistant, and it has a loudspeaker so you can make and receive calls via Bluetooth. As a result, you can make and receive calls straight from your watch, but you’ll need to keep your phone nearby.
- You can carry your music and playlists with you thanks to the 8GB inbuilt storage space.
- Google Pay is supported via the watch’s built-in NFC, which allows you to make payments straight from the watch while on the move.
- You can gain a bit more battery life by using custom power saving settings.
- There are several preinstalled applications to select from, like Google Assistant, Spotify, and others.
Features of the Fossil Gen 6 Fitness Tracker
- It has built-in GPS that allows you to monitor your outdoor activities, such as routes and locations, which can then be seen via the accompanying app.
- With the Fossil sleep monitoring app, it can track your sleep phases.
- Your heart rate is tracked by a heart rate monitor, which allows you to observe your heart rate in real time and control the intensity of your workout.
- There are many pre-programmed sport modes.
- Steps, distance, cardio level, calories, and sedentary reminder are all tracked.
- It has an altimeter, which allows you to control and monitor elevation changes.
- It has a compass that may assist you in navigating and determining your geographic location.
- NEW: It has a SpO2 sensor for measuring blood oxygen levels, which is an important indication of how effectively your blood uses oxygen.
- Design that is elegant, fashionable, and long-lasting.
- The music storage capacity is 8 GB.
- Google Pay is supported via NFC onboard.
- A smartwatch with a fitness emphasis.
- The Snapdragon 4100+ processor improves performance.
- Microphone and loudspeaker built-in (make and receive calls from watch).
- Custom battery-saving settings let you to stay connected for extended periods of time.
- The battery life isn’t excellent.
- It’s very hefty.
Prices of Fossil Generations 5 and 6
Men’s Fossil Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, GPS, and Other Features
Men’s Fossil Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, GPS, and Other Features
Fossil Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch for Women with Speaker, Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, GPS, and More
Julianna Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and… Fossil Gen 5 Julianna Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and…
Men’s Fossil Gen 5E 44mm Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, and…
Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle Touchscreen Smartwatch in Stainless Steel with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and…
Garrett Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and… Fossil Men’s Gen 5 Garrett Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, GPS, and…
The fossil gen 5 price in india is a question that has been discussed by many people. There are pros and cons to both the Fossil Gen 5 and 6 watches, so it is best to do your research before you purchase one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fossil Gen 5 too big?
Fossil Gen 5 is a good size for people with medium to large sized hands.
Is Fossil Gen 5 a good buy?
Yes, Fossil Gen 5 is a good buy.
Is Fossil Gen 5 good for running?
Fossil Gen 5 is a good shoe for running.
- fossil gen 6 review
- fossil gen 5 vs gen 5e
- fossil gen 5 bluetooth version
- fossil gen 6 release date
- fossil gen 6 vs galaxy watch 4